Because of the fact that the coconut oil was regarded as evil saturated fat, in the past, a lot of people were concerned about its impact on the heart health and blood pressure.
However, those things changed and the coconut oil became all the rage nowadays. Now, you are probably wondering how did such a drastic change happened and what made people to change their minds about that. Well, this is directly linked to the saturated fat myth which runs misconceptions.
The truth is that the coconut oil is one of the most beneficial ingredients in the world of health and beauty as well. In this article we are going to present you a couple of recipes which are going to convince you definitely to start using the coconut oil as soon as possible and reap all of its benefits.
- Overnight skin care – in order to keep your skin clean and refreshed, you should use the coconut oil before sleeping on a regular basis. The secret of the coconut oil lies in its ability to penetrate deeply in your skin and it leaves it nourished, flexible and soft as well.
- Makeup remover – one interesting thing is that the coconut oil works as an amazing remover for eye makeup, because it can dissolve the mascara instantly and it also leaves the skin clean and moisturized.
- Eyelash treatment – this is a trick especially useful for those women that wear makeup regularly, because it can cause a loss of the lashes and breakage over the time. In order to keep your lashes healthy, you should apply some coconut oil onto the lashes before sleeping.
- Homemade liquid hand soap – the usage of homemade liquid hand soap can improve the quality of your skin, and can also help in saving money at the same time. Unlike the conventional soaps, which are usually loaded with chemicals, this one is totally natural as well as completely safe for using.
Because of this, you should prepare a liquid soap with coconut oil and wash your hands on regular basis, in order to reap all of its benefits.
- Coconut oil hand cream – when the weather is cold, our hands become a bit rough. But, the good news are that there is one very simple way for solving this problem, and repair your dry skin. All you need to do is to start using the coconut oil hand cream and give your hands the nourishment which they deserve. Very soon after that, they will become softer and smoother.
- Cuticle softener – it is extremely easy to make your own cuticle softener. Actually, all you need to do is to massage some coconut oil into your dry cuticles. The oils will soften them and the nails will be grateful as well.
- Varicose veins – in order to solve your problem with varicose veins, it is recommended to apply some coconut oil onto them directly, and massage them really well. Many people swear by this trick and they also claim that it has helped them in the fight with varicose veins in a completely natural way.
- Chemical – free shaving cream–a lot of the shaving cream which can be found on the market are actually loaded with chemicals, and they also cost a lot. So, in order to save some money and to avoid the exposure to chemicals, you should start using some coconut oil as shaving cream for the air under your arms or legs. The coconut oil is all – natural, cheap and it smells good, and it works as an antimicrobial agent. For this purpose, it is highly beneficial, because it soothes the skin and it also provides proper hydration.
- Whipped coconut oil cellulite cream – most of the women face with one common issue, and that is cellulite. It often takes a lot of time and effort in order to get rid of it. But, here we have some good news for you – there is one very simple recipe which can help you in removing the cellulite for good. You can see the recipe in the lines below.
– 1/4 cup unrefined organic coconut oil;
– 1/2 cup unrefined organic shea butter;
– 2 tablespoons grape seed oil;
– 1 tablespoon olive oil;
– 30 drops orange essential oil;
– 10 drops lavender essential oil;
– 20 drops grapefruit essential oil;
– 10 drops of lemon essential oil.
First of all, melt the coconut oil and shea butter, either in a small saucepan over medium-low heat or in the microwave. Then, transfer the mixture into a larger bowl and leave it to cool down. After that, add the grape seed, the olive oil and the essential oil drops in it. For about half an hour, refrigerate the mixture, until it firms. Whisk for 6 to 7 minutes until you get an airy consistency